It’s FRY-day! Welcome back for another grillicious meal from Kenny’s Kitchen!
By now, I’m sure we’ve all had a good time making my Oven Baked Tacos on College Gameday, NFL Sunday and Monday Night Football (MAN, you guys love some tacos). Last week I made it for my son’s birthday, which fell on Taco Tuesday, of all days. Even though I was just cooking for 6, I used 3-1/2 lbs of ground beef and it STILL didn’t survive the night.
I’m going to keep with my tradition of sharing recipes for food, fit for tailgate parties, targeting those guys that either cook very little or don’t have the time, patience and wherewithal to handle complex meals. In other words, tasty stuff that your kids can make.
Sooooo, let’s make some meatball subs this weekend, or rather, Kenny’s Sweetball Subs!
This meal is for those of you using the Power Pressure Cooker XL (my weapon of choice), but cook times can be adjusted for Insta Pot users and Slow Cooker lovers.
On average, this recipe calls for 4 meatballs per sub, so depending on the size and quantity of meatballs, you determine how much is needed.
- 1 Bag of Meatballs, frozen
- 1 Bottle of Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce
- Lettuce, shredded
- Tomatoes, sliced & quartered or halved
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped/diced as desired
- Assorted Peppers, frozen
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Hoagie Rolls
- Honey Butter Spread, Soft
- Pineapples (optional)
- Layer the bottom of the pot with frozen assorted peppers.
- Add frozen meatballs and barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s “Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce”).
- Set timer for Chicken/Meat (15 minutes).
- Toast hoagie rolls in the oven (I toasted Pepperidge Farm Soft White Hoagie rolls in an Air Fryer for 60 seconds at 360 degrees F. Be careful not to toast for too long, as the bread will lose its flexibility and separate while spreading). Add butter to bread before or after heating.
- Put peppers, meatballs and sauce in hoagie roll.
- Add shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato and onions.
- Add pineapples, if you wish to add to the sweet flavor.
Note: If you’re using a slow cooker, cook everything for 4 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally. If you notice, I didn’t list any seasoning, but that doesn’t mean you can’t season to taste. I prefer Montreal Steak Seasoning for beef and have used it before, but do what you will. Hot Pepper Blend is also a good addition, if you want that extra kick.
And once again, that’s it!
You heard me. That’s IT, baby. Enjoy!
Next Week: Zoot’s Pressure Cooker Ribs!
Oven Baked Tacos
Crockpot Pizza Casserole
Let me know how it all works out and if you tried/suggest any modifications.
There is no perfect meal and everyone has a great idea!
Let me know if there’s a recipe you’d like for any meal I’ve posted on social media.
…and don’t forget to subscribe to my page and share it with others!