Happy FRY-day and welcome back to Kenny’s Kitchen! This week, I’m out to fill some serious bellies, particularly those that love Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza. And while this is not Deep Dish per se, we’re definitely going back to that feel with some serious depth and carnivorous substance! And as usual, I’m keeping it quick & easy for those of you that fear the kitchen; the very room used to create and house your gameday passion – FOOOOOOOD!
So let’s get into it. Time to make “Zoot’s Monsters Of The Midway Mid-Day Mid-Deep Pizza”!
Warning: Not responsible for weight gained as a result of gleeful gluttony… (the lawyers make me say that)
- 8 oz Sausage; Bob Evans breakfast sausage
- 1 container Pizza dough; Pillsbury pizza crust
- 1/3 Green Pepper; Chopped
- 1/3 Red Onion; Chopped
- Black Olives; Halved
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese; pizza blend
- 1 jar Pizza Sauce
- Garlic Butter (You can also use Papa John’s garlic sauce)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Separate pizza dough into triangles and join together in oiled (sprayed) 8″ x 8″ casserole or small pizza pan. Be sure to spread and raise dough to sides of container.
- Spread garlic butter over surface of dough.
- Place in oven for bake time, as specified on package.
- While baking dough, brown sausage in skillet. Do not overcook.
- Remove baked dough and pour pizza sauce evenly across it.
- Add sausage, then green pepper and onions, cheese.
- Top with pepperoni and black olives (add toppings as desired).
- Bake in oven for 13 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Note: If you’re daring like me and crave meat, meat and more meat, add some ground beef to the mix.
And that’s it!
Keep in mind that this is not your traditional Chicago-Style Deep Dish recipe. It’s a quick and easy recipe for people that want the general taste with minimal effort. I’ll post an actual deep dish recipe in another month or so. Right now, we’re focusing on football season and tailgate madness….
See you next week!
Let me know how it all works out and if you tried/suggest any modifications.
There is no perfect meal and everyone has a great idea!
Let me know if there’s a recipe you’d like for any meal I’ve posted on social media.
…and don’t forget to subscribe to my page and share it with others!