We’re back for Part 3 of the so-called review of the “Lethal Weapon” movie franchise. If you’re just now checking in, jump back to Pt. 1 to enjoy this ride from the beginning.
Welcome back to the 3rd installment of my 4-pt recap of the legendary “Lethal Weapon” movie series. If you’re just now joining us, I suggest you go back to the beginning by clicking here. For those of you returning, heeeeeere we go…
Lethal Weapon 3 (1992): The duo faces an end to their partnership as Roger’s retirement (1 week) approaches. Meanwhile, they must contend with a rogue ex-police officer selling confiscated guns and ammunition to the local street gangs, which include a good friend of his son, Nick.
- Coolest Moment: Murtaugh throws Riggs a gun loaded with armor-piercing bullets to penetrate a charging bulldozer’s bucket and kill the antagonist during the movie’s climax.
- Funniest Moment: Having caused the early explosion and destruction of an abandoned building at the beginning, Riggs and Murtaugh argue about reporting to a bomb threat during the closing credits. They arrive just as the building explodes and quickly drive away, hoping they haven’t been discovered while sharing Murtaugh’s classic line: “I’m too old for this shit…”
- Most Suspenseful Moment: Two Scenes
Scene 1: Murtaugh realizes that that hidden gunman he just shot and killed is one of his son’s teenage friends.
Scene 2: When Riggs fell from his bike and off the unfinished overpass after a high-speed chase.
- Best Line/Exchange: Murtaugh (after successfully delivering a life-saving back kick in a gun fight, having been taught by Riggs) – Son of a bitch, it works, SHIT… …this shit WORKS, man…
- Most Enjoyable Moment: Murtaugh and son Nick share a beautiful bonding moment as he coaches his shaving technique before Nick tells him that he doesn’t blame him for shooting his friend and that he loves him.
- Rank (Out Of The Four): #4 – It’s not at all that this movie was weak, in fact, I loved it. It has an incredibly powerful father/son bonding moment and touches heavily on drugs, gun possession, gangs and a father’s efforts to ensure his son remains on the right path. It also introduces a new love interest for Martin Riggs in Sergeant Lorna Cole (Rene Russo).
…and that’s it! Come back tomorrow for the 4th and final entry to the series, “Lethal Weapon 4”
Got a few scenes you loved or movies you’d like to talk about? Share them in the comments section below!