…Annnnnnnd we’re BACK! Time for The Moore Chante Show episode recap! This edition is brought to you by the letter “O” and the number “1”; O for October and 1 for the first show of the month (or we can call it #1, Chante’s rank in our hearts. But it doesn’t take a devout fan. Anyone with a listening ear recognizes greatness when she sings).
Question: Am I the only one who loses their mind when Chante sings commercial jingles, snippets and the like? Just the few seconds where she sang “Walk With Me” I was spellbound. I mean it. I’ve always felt that few women can exhibit that down home sound like those who grew up singing gospel music. Whether she’s singing for personal reasons or casual listener enjoyment, it’s always a Grammy-caliber performance. Click the link below and see for yourself.
She promised that the show will maintain its regularly scheduled time (acknowledging that many of us are football fans – whatever you decide, she’ll be right here).
And then, there was that fabulous in-home concert (sign up for her Patreon page for make-up tutorials and so much more information including that amazing musical content):
- “Here We Go” by Minnie Riperton & Peabo Bryson (This was the first song she’d ever heard by Minnie Riperton, shortly after she’d passed away. I said it last episode and I’ll say it again: Nooooobody can touch a Minnie Riperton song. Unless they’re Chante Moore and there’s only one Chante Moore. And the only thing better than her performing a duet live is her doing it solo, singing both parts, so we get Moore and Moore…)
- “I’m Keeping You” by Chante Moore (If you know the studio version of this song, you know that one word she intentionally omitted during her live performance. Didn’t matter though. She STILL had our hands over our mouths, but this time, in amazement. Sannnng, lady!)
- “I Got The Love” by Chaka Khan (As soon as that head-boppin’ twang kicked in, I knew she was about to hit us with that groove of hers. How does one sing so delicately and still manage to drop that funk on us like that? Only Chante…)
- “I Call You Righteous” by Donnie McClurkin (After a few moments of what she called “the giggles”, she flipped it on us and sang with the power that drives all of her gospel pieces. And once again, we felt it, every last iota of sound.)
- “Love’s Holiday” by Earth, Wind & Fire (For the R&B people. This one reminds her of falling in love [with Kadeem Hardison – back then]. My favorite singer of all time singing another classic from my favorite group. I swear she channeled her inner “Maurice White” and brought the elements with her incredible voice and that patented smile of hers. Bring us more of EWF, baby…)
- “The Vow” by RuthAnne (Everybody needs a little help, every now and then. I’m sure she helped many of us in just the few minutes that she sang this beautiful piece.)
Upcoming Concert Dates:
Oct. 24 – “A Night In Black” – Chattanooga Convention Trade Center (Chattanooga, TN) – 7:00 p.m.
Oct. 31 – Drive-In Movie Theater – Hoover Met Complex (Hoover, AL) – 6:30 p.m.
She said that through this week’s list of song choices, she wanted to share things that she had never shared before, adding that this was all about love: Love of music, love of being & staying connected. It’s about trust, it’s about a perfect love, casting out fear (especially during this time of uncertainty), etc.
She shared that even in those moments where her voice gets tired and she just doesn’t feel like doing it (bless her, she’s only human) she asks herself, “What if somebody needs this?” She thinks about us; from those who say hello during the show to those who just watch silently. It’s all for us.
She gave tribute to Jesus as she often and gratefully does. She said that just as the Wright Brothers accomplished the impossible at Kitty Hawk in creating a machine that could defy gravity and fly, transporting dozens of passengers, Jesus makes other (impossible) things happen.
She also made it clear that she LOVES to praise His name. Despite all of the difficulties that she’s endured over the last 3-4 years, her worship and commitment to the Lord over the least 2-3 years has shifted her life into a place that she wouldn’t change for anything. And she’s so grateful that He let her live to tell the story. She has decided to follow Jesus and there is no turning back. No turning back. Amen, Chante. I often wonder if people ever stop to acknowledge and show gratitiude for being alive to tell their own respective stories. We should all take a page from her book and follow suit.
Chante’s Inscription Of Inspiration for the Week:
(NIV) 4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.
(KJV) 4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Chante paraphrased: I’VE got to work the work. I’ve got to do that myself. We ALL have to do that. I’ve got a work. You’ve got a work. A mission that is for you, just for you. And I’ve got one that’s just for ME. She knows that not everybody is going to like that (what she said), but it’s ok.
She wanted us to know that “life forges through, no matter what. Out of everything that seems like it’s dead and over and done with… …out sprouts, some hope. A little more of Chante Moore. And that’s what this show is: To keep that breath of life flowing out of me, because somebody needs this besides me.” So whether or not you like it, it’s her responsibility to be “the me that God wants me to be”. Whoever it is she’s supposed to reach, they are a jewel in her crown. She’s trying to store up Heavenly riches, not those of this earth.
She also sent her apologies to those waiting for their book. She promised that she would get it out.
Chante’s Lesson For The Week: Stay in faith. Learn how to trust in this time. Trust Jesus and don’t judge Him by the people that say they live for Him.
Final note: As much as she appreciates your activity and input during her show, sadly (on Instagram) she’s no longer able to see your comments after the show. She kindly requests that you take a moment to repost what you said during the show so she can read it (and trust me, she reads everything). So don’t forget to double back after the show and give her that same love and energy directly.
If you’d like to send Chante a monetary gift of love, you can do so on CashApp at $TMCshow.
If you’d like an opportunity to speak with her via Meet & Greet, receive a ChanteGram, etc, you can do so by ordering here.
Finally, you can show your fandom by sporting your “Chantebilia” (official Chante Moore T-Shirts and other products) at PROBLACKONLINE.COM
If you enjoyed what you read, be sure to sign up at the bottom for first notification of future posts about Chante’s weekly show, along with the rest of my madness, here at Kenny’s Camera, Cooking & Crazy Confessions. And don’t forget to share with a friend and leave a comment about what you thought of the show!
This is a great recap, Zoot. Thanks so much. Following you now….😁
LikeLiked by 2 people
I can never get enough of Chante Moore! I watch live and still read the recaps, lol! Kudos Zoot!
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thanks for the recap, Zoot. And thanks, Chanté, for your weekly ministry. 💜🤗
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you, Lenisha! I’m so glad you took the time to read it and have chosen to follow along! It’s my joy to write about my favorite singer and it’s an added bonus to know that you approve and look for more. I’ll do my best to keep you entertained and encouraged!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I agree. Too much is never enough! Thank you for following and reading and thank you for your kind words, Val!
LikeLiked by 1 person