It’s holiday season, a time for giving thanks, gifts and love. And what better way to kick it off than enjoying and recapping The Moore Chante Show? Considering all that we’ve been through as a community, as a nation, as a world, we definitely need to think about the blessings we DO have. One in particular is life. Lord knows we’ve lost so many, and unnecessarily. Then there’s health. Many of us survived a bout with COVID-19, but still have lingering effects. I have a list of things we should be thankful for, but I’ll reserve that for my personal blog. I just wanted you to remember that it hasn’t been easy, but we’re still here.
Speaking of “still here”, Chante opened by sharing her thoughts about her ongoing commitment to the show and why she does it. She talked about her asking herself if she could continue if it was for just a small few viewers, even just one. Then she answered that her dedication reflects that of God, who would have sacrificed His son for her, even if there were no other. In turn, that’s how she feels for us; she is deeply and faithfully duty-bound to deliver…
…even if it were just for the one.
She said it’s not about the masses – it’s about the connection. You wonder why we all love her so much? Dagnabit. If you didn’t know, now ya know!
Chante will be appearing on the Soul Train Music Awards, airing November 29! Be there, baby!
[Ignore the gnats (the idiots making negative and unrelated comments during the show. I have another word for them, but this is a family channel). Don’t give them life. And stop posting your CashApp IDs. This is NOT the platform for it and it will not be addressed. If you keep it up, we’ll all start sending YOU money requests. Think I’m playing?]
Have you ordered your Chante Moore Christmas album yet? If you order the physical copy, she will personally autograph your copy of “Christmas Back To You”. She also has the “Rise Of The Phoenix” CD (sorry, no other CDs).
She also found about 40 limited edition posters from the “A Love Supreme” album. If you would like a signed poster, she is selling them for $40 each. Get them now because when they’re gone, they’re REALLY gone.
NEWS FLASH: Chante is making dressing for Thanksgiving! Load up, ya’ll! We’re leaving Wednesday afternoon, headed for Cali! I got the Kool-Aid, crackers and bologna…
She acknowledged being goofy and being perfectly ok with it. What she really loves is the fact that you all accept her the way that she is. And why wouldn’t we? We need more people who enjoy life like this! Someone who can stare at you without blinking until you laugh; say “bah-dum-PUM” after a corny joke; sing to you and make you smile. This world needs a Chante, That’s why I’m glad Sunday is Chantday! Sunday, she gives it, hence the song name, “I’m What You Need”. Cause she is.
She reflected on the times when she felt that life was getting to be a bit too much and she found comfort in the knowledge and understanding that God has been BETTER than good to her. My question to my readers: Do YOU acknowledge these things?
- “Higher Ground” by Stevie Wonder (I love when she reaches back into the vault and grabs the classics. If you ever heard him perform it on his “Natural Wonder” Live In Concert CD, you can easily feel Chante replacing the lead background vocalist who echoes his “Higher!” call-outs. Her voice commands your attention.)
- “Train Of Thought” by Chante (I was gonna say something about this song and I’m going to ask for Jesus and my wife’s forgiveness in advance. This song, OMG, I just wanna-
Dang it. I lost my Train Of Thought…)
- “The Way You Make Me Feel” by Michael Jackson (Where’s my blue button down shirt and white tank top? I feel like running outside and ripping it in front of an open fire hydrant.)
- “Happy Birthday” to Brody (I knew every one of us fantasized that she was singing to us. Don’t forget that you can make that fantasy real by ordering a BirthdayGram. And guess what? It WILL be just for you! And if it sounds anything like THAT! LORD…)
- “Better Than Good” by Todd Galberth (She knows that there are times when we feel that we’re not going to make it. Times that we don’t want to be here. Persevere – Hold on. Just keep breathing in and out. If we just keep on holding on, God will see us through)
- “Please Come For Christmas” by Chante Moore (An awesome 50s throwback groove adorned with modern magic. She said that we need to learn to love one-another, even when it’s hard. Even when it’s hard, we still need love. She believes that we all know that she loves us. Yes we do, Chante. Yes, we do.)
- “It’s Alright” by Chante Moore (Even after admitting that her throat was tired, she blessed us yet again with one of her all-time greatest recordings. It’s such a “wow” kinda thing when she gently rocks back and forth, shaking her head, layering this classic on our troubled souls, reaffirming those famous words, “It’s alright”. Yes, every single time she convincingly utters that phrase, I believe…)
- “Just Another Day” (acapella snippet) by Sam Cooke (So many things we’d like her to do when it comes to tributes: Minnie Riperton, Motown Classics, Whitney Houston, Luther Vandross, etc. This was just another reminder that a Soul album from our queen would be just what the doctor ordered., )
- “Love’s Taken Over” by Chante Moore (I love this song more and more, each time she sings it. Even though she had already been featured on two El Debarge songs a few years prior, it was her true introduction to the music world and the world’s introduction to The Chante Moore!)
Today’s episode was brought to you from Chante’s bed because she felt a little laid back, “in a mellow mood” and decided to lay it down – nice and smoooooth.
Chante’s Inscription Of Inspiration for the Week:
(NIV) 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Chante’s Lesson For The Week: Don’t try to live life the same old way every day. Scramble it up a bit and enjoy the newness.
Finally, I personally would like to thank you all for jumping on to my page, even if it’s only as a Chante Moore fan. Just having you here at Kenny’s Camera, Cooking & Crazy Confessions is a joy. I am honored and blessed to be commissioned by Chante to cover her magnificent show. I am truly, eternally grateful for her, you fans and all of the regular followers of my blog. Thank you for allowing me to add this to my weekly entries and thank you for taking the time out to read them (yes, I will be posting a Thanksgiving music mix at midnight, the day of…). I hope that ultimately, you have become new fans of my favorite all-time singer along the way.
May God bless you and I pray you have a Happy Thanksgiving. If you’re planning on Turkey for dinner, remember: You are what you eat!
And even if you don’t celebrate as I/we do, please remember to trust in yourself in addition to the God of your faith and never forget (click ‘play’ on the soundbyte below)…
Be blessed and be safe. I’ll see you on Chantday and then right back here for another recap!
If you’d like to send Chante a monetary gift of love, you can do so on CashApp at $TMCshow.
If you’d like an opportunity to speak with her via Meet & Greet, receive a ChanteGram, etc, you can do so by ordering here.
Finally, you can show your fandom by sporting your “Chantebilia” (official Chante Moore T-Shirts and other products) at PROBLACKONLINE.COM
If you enjoyed what you read, be sure to sign up at the bottom for first notification of future posts about Chante’s weekly show, along with the rest of my madness, here at Kenny’s Camera, Cooking & Crazy Confessions. And don’t forget to share with a friend and leave a comment about what you thought of the show!
Lol.! I love it! Thank you always Kenny for your blogs. I am always on board.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Then I promise to keep them coming! Thank you. Megan and Happy Thanksgiving!
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 2 people
Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You already know, the LOVE I have for the GOD BLESSED SINGER. Because of who she is, is why I’ve been following her forever. I Thank you ZOOT for your talent and BLOGS. Hopefully one day a MEET and GREET can come about with all the IMMOORETALS after this situation dies. Love your work and DEFINITELY LOVES “YOUR BABYS” music. SHE IS THE GREATEST to me.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Gina, that is so very kind of you to say. I have to admit that the idea of writing about your favorite singer. At her behest, was as terrifying as it was exciting.
Still, it’s comforting to know she enjoys and appreciates it, especially having her say it on her show.
What’s EQUALLY amazing is knowing that you all take enough interest to keep coming back. Your approval is just as important.
Thank you again and thank you for always coming back!
LikeLiked by 1 person