Roll call! We just finished the first month of 2021. Who’s left standing? Correction, who’s sitting? That’s right, it’s time for another edition of The Moore Chante Show: the weekly recap!
This post is dedicated to the memory of one of the greatest actresses of all time, the late Cicely Tyson, who never once comprised her beliefs or integrity in any of her stage, television or movie presentations.
Chante continues to recover from her minor (nose) surgery which went well. Swelling has gone down considerably and she’s feeling better! Amennnn. She also shared that the blood test revealed that she was indeed struck by COVID-19 some time ago. Thank God she kicked it.
Announcement! A live show is coming!! Straight out of Atlanta in College Park, Georgia. For details, call (404) 763-1107. If you’re in the area, make it your business to be in attendance and scream and black out on my behalf, since I can’t be there.
Shout out to Chante’s sister LaTendre’ for making her that beautiful birthday blanket (her birthday is February 17, wink-wink). I want onnnnnne! Royal blue-based, pleeeeez…
Chante’s Inscription Of Inspiration for the Week:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Remember, your path is not just what you do for a living. It’s what you do everyday.
She took a moment to share a few products from her friend Tobias Truvillion (you know him from the “Real One” music video). One being the Sea Moss that she takes daily, the other the “Tru To The Core” sweater she displayed.
In answering the fan question, “How has the quarantine been for you?”: She admitted that it’s been very odd, trying to maintain some semblance of activity at a time when social distancing has been the priority. Especially being someone whose style of living is largely comprised of public appearances and interaction. She empathizes with us who have felt frustration, even so far as being tired of life. She wants us to know that she’s been there and she knows our pain, thus she encourages us to hold on because things can only get better.
When you don’t feel that the situation can be fixed, you should turn to a higher power.
She’s counting on the fact that our best days lie ahead. Great way of thinking…
Don’t forget that Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so it’s not too late to order those ChanteGrams and Cameos! This is one thing that the pandemic can’t stop. Reach out to Chante &/or your loved ones through these great mechanisms.
- “Love’s Taken Over” by Chante Moore (I’d like to think that everyone knows this, but “Love’s Taken Over” is her breakout smash world introduction from her debut album.)
- “My Eyes” by Chante Moore (I LOVE this song, driven by that door-knocking beat and aggressive groove [especially after the bridge] and finally Chante’s lovely in-the-rounds harmony. One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums, 2008’s “Love the Woman”.)
- “Wishing On A Star” by Rose Royce (It’s so cool when Chante covers the 70s classics, case in point, this timeless hit, originally performed by Rose Royce. Yes, add Chante’s voice to that auxiliary percussion along with the rest of the steady rhythm and those sweet violins with that “diddly, diddly, diddly” in slurring triplets taking flight. *exhales*)
- “This Could Be The Start Of Something Big” by Steve Allen (Ok, first of all, I can’t begin to describe my shock and delight when she first covered this on her CD [again, the entire “Love The Woman” album is straight fire!]. If you know the difficulty of matching the precision of a fast tempo traditional jazz tune with a catch-me-if-you-can walking bassline, then you will know that Chante is THE TRUTH. One can only imagine how many takes are necessary in the studio to nail it; knowing her, she did it in one. For her to do it live, sitting in a relaxed position in the lotus position. Y’all ain’t ready…)
- “As If We Never Met” (Acapella Version) by Chante Moore (I have no words cause Lord knows they speak for themselves. This classic from her debut CD is deep. Deep…)
Chante’s Words To Remember: “I love y’all so much, you guys are amazing!”
…and that’s going to do it for this week’s recap. Welcome to Black History Month and thank you for always being a part of black history in the making: listening to The Voice – Chante Moore.
Have a great week and I’ll see you all next Chantday…
If you’d like to send Chante a monetary gift of love, you can do so on CashApp at $TMCshow.
If you’d like an opportunity to speak with her via Meet & Greet, receive a ChanteGram, etc, you can do so by ordering here.
Finally, you can show your fandom by sporting your “Chantebilia” (official Chante Moore T-Shirts and other products) at PROBLACKONLINE.COM
This weekly recap is my personal synopsis of The Moore Chante Show. In my breakdowns, I review the song lists, shared scriptures and her commentary, highlighting the items I feel worthy of reflection and review. Opinions and interpretations of various content are mine and mine only. Any non-show related photos, gifs and or internet links are used at my discretion for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed what you read, be sure to sign up at the bottom for first notification of future posts about Chante’s weekly show, along with the rest of my madness, here at Kenny’s Camera, Cooking & Crazy Confessions. And don’t forget to share with a friend and leave a comment about what you thought of the show!