Hello and welcome back to The Moore Chante Show, the September 20 Episode recap. If this is your first time visiting, all you need to know is this:
This blog post is “all things Chante”, but to be more specific – It’s all about what happens during her weekly Ice Cream Sunday show and what you should take from it. See? Simple and easy. Now, where were we? Ah! The show! Here we go…
This week, our girl opened up in typical CM fashion, sangin’! In fact, she burst into her new and previously unheard impromptu smash hit, “I Have My Glassesssss, I Have My Glaaaasesss…”
She expressed her gratitude for being here – with a voice, a mind, a will to live and live for God. As she explains: Having a will to live and live for God is paramount because, as her mother used to say, “Eternity is too long to be wrong.” I like that. I really do.
She shared about the time(s) when things seemed to be spinning out of control for her and how she processed it all through writing the song, “This Moment Is Mine”.
She talked about her enjoyment in being able to get outside and bask in the sunshine and commune with nature, the birds, bees, squirrels and the “un-cursed” fig tree! While watching the animals enjoying the things that the Lord provided for them, it all reminded her of this show, how she enjoys giving her time (and that soul-nourishing voice) to her listeners, investing in OUR relationship. And just as the birds benefited from what her home has to offer, we need to consider and appreciate how God’s design includes providing for us because He pays attention to everything. Also that ALL things work together for our good… …and that we should allow ourselves time to take in all of the beauty that this world has to offer.
Note: I find it incredibly kind of her to pause throughout her shows to read and acknowledge as many of the posts of the fans as she comfortably can. I’m sure each person who hears their name either screams or stops breathing… …or both. Trust me, I’m speaking from experience. It’s not cool for a grown man to scream like R2D2 or Carton Banks from “The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air” in front of his kids.
As I was saying, she talked about her spiritual mom, Rovan (sp.) Hudson who speaks with nothing but love in her every syllable. Who, after 50 years of marriage, is still taking loving care of her husband.
She shared the biblical tale of The Prodigal Son – who, after demanding his full inheritance from his father and going off to live a selfish life (squandering it all in the process) and hit rock bottom, was happily welcomed home by his father – making slight comparisons of this to her own life.
She reminded that we have to be stronger than what’s going on in the world, again sharing how God told her to “Put it on Me”, turning it over to Him, which helped her through a tumultuous week.
She made the first formal notification about the upcoming Patreon page which will allow her to interact more intimately with her fans (on her linktree or on FB under “Events”).
She also reminded us to VOTE. Vote, vote, vote. If you don’t vote, you can’t complain. Exercise your power to make a difference.
She wants us to know that it’s not just the shout-outs to her fans (which she incredibly enjoys), it’s knowing that she gets to show love to us when she meets us in the various walks of life – and trust her, she will remember both your collective and individual love and show it in return.
Chante’s ChanTunes (Here are the songs performed during the episode)
- “Always Gonna Be Somethin'” by Chante Moore (The show opener because as she said, “It’s always gon’ be somethin’. Always gonna be a time when you gotta pull yourself to-doggone-gether and really, really get who you are…”.)
- “This Moment Is Mine” by Chante Moore (Easily one of the most powerful songs I’ve ever heard her sing. Chante opens with an earthly tenderness that guides the first half of the song and then lyrically morphs into a commanding proclamation that this moment is indeed hers. She owns it and she will control it, without fear or regret. One of my favorites and, judging by the comments scrolling along Facebook and Instagram during the performance, the favorite among many of her listeners.)
- “His Eye Is On The Sparrow” by Civilla Durfee Martin (Acapella at its finest. She hit us with this in mid-thought, emphasizing her point that God has a plan for every single one of us. He watches her, you and me…)
- “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong (A tearfully beautiful rendition, dedicated to her spiritual mother – who always has her best interest at heart.)
- “If I Ain’t Got You” by Alicia Key’s (Also dedicated to Rovan [her spiritual mother] and husband David. She wants us to remember that it makes the hardest times better, easier to endure, when you have someone to share them with.}
- “Simply The Best” by Tina Turner (Did you all feel the energy in her passion? I did.)
- “Master Blaster (Jammin’)” by Stevie Wonder (Dedicated to all of us who just want to “jayum” for a little while. Question: How many of you caught it when she masterfully slid The Clark Sisters’ “You Brought The Sunshine” into the song? You ain’t slick, Chante! lol)
- “Jesus Will” by Anita Wilson ( *Exhales* I can’t. I just can’t…)
Chante’s Inscription Of Inspiration for the Week
1 Peter 4:12-13
(NIV) 12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.
12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
Chante paraphrased: We’re supposed to be rejoicing in these times of trouble (as challenging as that seems). We’re supposed to fight and be glad we have an opportunity to share in the struggle. if we struggle together, we win together…
She gave shoutouts to:
- Tina Carter for all of her hard work behind the scenes, week in – week out.
- Her sister LaTendre Moore who hosts the insightful and uplifting blog iamonelight.com. You can also find it on Facebook.
- Suzy Agulard (sp.) (IG: vma_curls) Dual Certified stylist.
- Chery Cobb (IG: cherylcobb_official) who has a new book available called “10 Dirty Little Secrets” at 10DirtyLittleSecrets.com for a behind-the-scenes look at the music industry.
- Queen Cora (IG: iamqueencora) who has a product called Building Simple, which you can find at buildingsimple.com for more information about how you “intentionally live” your life.
She also apologizes and reminds us that her Facebook page has been compromised and she is not responsible for the content that is currently being posted. Be patient, people, FB is working on it.
Chante’s Lesson For The Week: (From God) “Put it on Me…”
And with that, Chante out! Thank you for reading, see you next Sunday and don’t forget, #SundayIsChantDay
…Oh and thank you Chante, for shouting out the blog (ZootsBlogSpot.com)!
I know some of you still sit at your computers/phones/TVs with your bowls of Vanilla Bean and Mint Chocolate, still wanting to talk desserts. But don’t be disheartened. In fact, see it as a hidden blessing that she uses that time to squeeze in an extra song or two, which is the main reason we’re all here, remember? it may not be as much an “Ice Cream Sunday” as it is an “I SCREAM Sunday”, because Lord knows she’s got us doing just that with her phenomenal voice, talent and song selection.
If you’d like to send Chante a monetary gift of love, you can do so on CashApp at $TMCshow.
If you’d like an opportunity to speak with her via Meet & Greet, receive a ChanteGram, etc, you can do so by ordering here.
Finally, you can show your fandom by sporting your “Chantebilia” (official Chante Moore T-Shirts and other products) at PROBLACKONLINE.COM
If you enjoyed what you read, be sure to sign up at the bottom for first notification of future posts about Chante’s weekly show, along with the rest of my madness, here at Kenny’s Camera, Cooking & Crazy Confessions. And don’t forget to share with a friend and leave a comment about what you thought of the show!