*Chante Moore voice* “HE-llooooooooo.” I love the way she sings that with that radiant smile of hers. Welcome once again to the weekly recap of The Moore Chante Show! This is where I share what Chante said, sang and all she shared. Don’t say “Cheryl’s She-Shed”. Don’t you say it…
Chante began the show, touching on the week she had, covering both ends of the emotional spectrum and just about everything in-between. But like she said, we’re still here – she’s still here – and she’s grateful for family, friends and everyone who texted, commented and posted condolences to her and her loved ones.
Sunday’s show aired live from her Godmother’s house! Hey, Godmom!!
She shared that she had just attended Cynthia Bailey’s wedding the day prior (instead of saying “Congratulations”, we tell the bride “Best Wishes”. To say the former means that she couldn’t get a man all of this time. Learned something knew today! Didn’t ya?). The ceremony encouraged her — about love.
In sadder news, her beloved Godfather passed away, so we offer collective prayers, love, condolences and group-healing. She mentioned that she loves the fact that we can continue to move forward in sadness – in the midst of the sadness. You can find that spring of joy…
She rejoiced in the fact that the last breath he took here was the first he took there. We live right so we can die right. We can go from life to LIFE EVERLASTING! Thankfully Jesus took the sting out of death when He rose from the dead and gave us the Holy Ghost. Chante said, “By my faith, I’m going to the other side.”
She reminded that she won’t forget you; remembering those and the wonderful things they did to show their love. Not that she doesn’t appreciate everyone, because she truly does. She’s so used to doing what she can to be a helper for others, but now she’s had to acclimate to reciprocity. She said she initially had difficulty accepting the (CashApp) blessings from so many, as she didn’t want to give the appearance that that’s why she’s doing this. One thing she mentioned that I/we rarely consider is that rejection of offerings blocks the blessings of others. In my pride, I’m often guilty of that in trying to be considerate, not realizing that I’m creating obstacles for those trying to do the same. Thank you, Chante. Like the phrase goes, “Don’t block the blessings.”
We live so that we can be a blessing to other people and one-another.
Remember, everything she does, she does out of love…
She gave information about her two upcoming shows. Be there if you can.
Upcoming Concert Dates:
Oct. 24 – “A Night In Black” – Chattanooga Convention Trade Center (Chattanooga, TN) – 7:00 p.m. (Doors open at 6)
Oct. 31 – Drive-In – Hoover Met Complex (Hoover, AL) – 6:30 p.m. (Gate opens at 5)
Don’t forget that you can get your own personal Chantegram. She can wish birthdays, anniversaries, offer condolences, etc. Information is in the bio, under linktr.ee/chantemoore. And be sure to join the iMOOREtals on the Patreon. Those of you in the Patreon, please keep what she posts, private. Don’t give away what you paid for. Purchase the Chantebilia on ProBlackOnline.
Chante grew up singing “the Joy Of The Lord Is My Strength”. She said that sometimes the joy of the Lord is our strength. It makes Jesus happy when we get strong enough to endure. Lord, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13). The joy of the Lord is OUR strength. Never forget that He watches us. Always…
- Someone suggested that she do her own talk show. She loves the idea, talking to the fans and bringing on guests.
- Someone made reference to her CDs. She said she will be selling them be because they’re not doing any good in her garage. Come to think of it, I should do the same. But I ain’t sellling my EWF, Luther or Chante!
- At one point, while reading fan comments, she read aloud that someone said/complained that she doesn’t do requests, to which she replied, “Who says I don’t? What’s the song?”
Here is my opinion on the matter: It’s clear that Chante has a songlist prepared for each show, oftentimes, to emphasize a general theme in the show or in dedication to someone in particular, if not us all. That being said, many of the requests that I’ve seen are for the same songs, songs we all know and love. Thankfully, she gives as much of a variety as humanly possible. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather hear a full list of new songs every show. She often says that she’s not prepared to sing a specific request because it won’t fit the time constraints or it’s not queued up. Still, from time to time, she offers to try to do it the following week or she may break into a brief acapella version of it to appease the requestor, which is beautiful. So be patient. And for you newcomers, if you haven’t been following from the first episode on Easter Sunday, please don’t ask “Why don’t you ever sing so-and-so?” Chances are, she’s performed it several times already. Go back through the older episodes. You’ll be both surprised and amazed at all of the tunes she’s covered to this date, which just might include your selection.
Something new – Chante’s Word Of The Day:
Manurery – The supernatural (and possibly, demonic) phenomenon of a fly landing on your head and not leaving or even budging, although your head is moving and you’re speaking [no reference needed]. I’m not speaking for her, but that was hilarious and I couldn’t resist paraphrasing, so the preceding definition was and is NOT an actual Chante Moore description. lol
In all sincerity, Chante casually shared – “You’re missing out. You ever love somebody so good and they love you so good that you feel sorry for other people?” She said she felt sorry for the world that doesn’t know God. What’s beautiful is that He knows us. When she doubts that Jesus is real she follows the scripture (the book of Jude, specifically): “We build ourselves up in our most holy faith by praying in the Holy Ghost.” She remarked “When you doubt that Jesus is real and then you’ve got the Holy Ghost too… …how is that possible? I do not know. Maybe because there’s more flesh over here than there is spirit…” Lots of things feed our flesh; not a whole lot feeds our spirit.
She also hopes that we’re still praying for her and her heart. We are, girl.
She reminded that the people we need around us are those who will love us in the midst of our heartbreak; those who will care for us, when we need caring for. That’s what it’s about; loving people. If you love them, that’s what you should be giving: love. “For God so loved the world…”
Side note: I got a kick out of the family members in the background. I felt right at home…
- “Happy Feelings” by Frankie Beverly & Maze (The opening song – she wished everyone “Happy Feelings no matter where you are.” Watching her sing that groove, seated with the light casting the shadow on the wall – reminded me of days long gone, visiting my aunt’s house and running outside to the sound of the coming ice cream truck with no money. U-turn. Momma! I need ice cream money! Happy Feelings indeed, Chante. Happy feelings.)
- “Inseparable” by Natalie Cole (Dedicated to the new union of Cynthia Bailey and Mike Hill. Lord knows, if Chante had been asked to sing at the wedding and sang that song the way she performed it here…)
- “God Only Knows” by For King & Country (for every person whose heart might be breaking today. It’s amazing how, despite her pain, you easily see the joy of love and the promise of life everlasting in her facial expressions as she sings.)
- “It’s Alright” by Chante Moore (Did anyone else wish they were physically in that room with her when she sang that classic? I honestly felt myself astrally projecting across the country, right into her living room, where I sat on the floor in the opposite corner, knees against my collarbone and arms wrapped around my shins, rocking back and forth. There was no other place I would rather have been as I felt the warmth of her sound caressing my pain and sorrow. And the way she slowly warmed into her magnificent whistle register… Yeah, I do believe it IS gonna be alright. Now that she sang it.)
- “Shower The People” by James Taylor (I know some didn’t recognize that James Taylor classic, but sometimes, that 70s soft rock hits you in a way that R&B/Soul doesn’t. That big moustache, long hair thing. lol Excellent song choice.
- “Dear Jesus, I Love You” by Walter Hawkins (Acapella) She grew up listening to Walter Hawkins, so she blessed us with one of her favorites. No music was needed. No music at all…
- “Joy” by For King & Country (I know I’m not the only person who remembers the video clip of her singing this and jamming in her bedroom. I went from laughing to cheering and pumping it up while screaming, “Joy, woman! Joy!!! Show that joy! Shout it out!” I know the neighbors thought I was making my wife cheer for the football game by my words.)
Speaking of singing, how about a little Moore Chante?
Chante’s Inscription Of Inspiration for the Week:
Psalm 28: 6-7
(NIV) 6 Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy.
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
(KJV) 6 Blessed be the Lord, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
She’ll expound on that soon in her Patreon. Join to find out.
One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. Know who you serve before you die. Do it all in the name of love… Chante’s Lesson For The Week
Looks like we have to say it again (sigh): Those of you posting your CashApp IDs in the live comments, please cease – be respectful and resist this temptation. This is not the platform for that. Somebody already got blocked, LIVE. This is how we bless and show Chante love for her weekly, self-imposed commitment to giving us a free (I repeat, FREE) one-hour show that we would otherwise be driving to and paying for – in the comfort of our own homes, I might add.
Mess around and find yourself blocked. Don’t believe me? Just ask— Hushmavideohoodlum or whatever the name was Chante was trying to say…
If you’d like to send Chante a monetary gift of love, you can do so on CashApp at $TMCshow.
If you’d like an opportunity to speak with her via Meet & Greet, receive a ChanteGram, etc, you can do so by ordering here.
Finally, you can show your fandom by sporting your “Chantebilia” (official Chante Moore T-Shirts and other products) at PROBLACKONLINE.COM
If you enjoyed what you read, be sure to sign up at the bottom for first notification of future posts about Chante’s weekly show, along with the rest of my madness, here at Kenny’s Camera, Cooking & Crazy Confessions. And don’t forget to share with a friend and leave a comment about what you thought of the show!
I LOVE THIS!! Kenny awesome job as always! Its always a great write.. thanks for the laughter at the end!! You and Chanté made that so hilarious!😂😂😚😊👍
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you so very much, Megan! But I give the credit to Chante for what she did. I just stand behind her and say, “Yeah! Yo’ Momma!” lol (to anyone reading this, I didn’t say that) Now, the OTHER things I say…
Thank you again for reading. I’m so glad you enjoyed it!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I agree, how could you not be in the same room with this songbird, mesmerized by every word sung!!!!
LikeLiked by 2 people
She definitely brings us home. I’m just so glad that of all the artists doing something like this, it’s our very own Chante!
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to leave your name so we can give you love directly!
LikeLiked by 1 person
See now, most of time I would end up watching her sessions twice because I think I may have missed something or have stepped away for a moment. But after I read your recaps, I am able to focus more on her specifics like verses and her ministering to us. Her messages, her emotions, her walk in life….and to know we are not alone.
It would be great if more people signed up for your recaps then they would know which songs she sings and stop asking for the same one e-ve-ry week 🤣
Stay safe and stay blessed, Zoot. See ya next week….
LikeLiked by 1 person
First of all, thank you very much for your kind words. I enjoy every bit of covering her show, which includes watching it again a second (even third) time. I’m so glad to know that people find value in what I have to say, as well as how it relates to her great work and performance. To have people look forward to my contributions, to follow the great Chante Moore, it’s a dream come true.
I promise to do my best to keep you as entertained as possible without deviating from her intended message(s).
I do honor to her by keeping you engaged and looking forward to the following week.
Thank you again, Nisha. And thanks for following!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Zoot for the recap. I loved the show. As always, Chante was great! She is so gracious to do this each week. We love Chante!!!! I hope a lot of people are showing support by blessing her on her Cash app!
LikeLiked by 2 people
You’re welcome sir and thank you for reading! She blesses us with her and we show our gratitude by coming back again and again!
LikeLiked by 1 person