Hello and welcome back to another weekly recap of The Moore Chante Show, the only place where you can sit on your couch and enjoy your favorite girl sitting on hers, doing what she does best.
Chante is happy to be able to do what she does for a living. That’s a wonderful reminder because when we listen, it’s important for you all to know that it’s a labor of love, from which, she derives joy.
She did two live shows the night before and “both were great”, as she put it. She shared that there’s a particular challenge to a double performance in that you have to give your all for the deserving crowd of the first show. The danger is in not pacing yourself accordingly to be able to give the equivalent energy and effort in the subsequent performance. She was also so grateful for everyone streaming the show and coming out smiling and singing.
Chante announced that if you purchase the Christmas CD “Christmas Back To You”, please specify if you want the download or the physical CD. For the physical CD, CashApp $20 for an autographed copy and a double-sided fold-out poster. I’m so happy to have been following her since she first appeared on the music scene because I have all of her physical CDs AND cassettes, some still in the package! No autographed ones though – sigh.
She did admit that she was fatigued (in her own words, “I’s tiyad, I’s tiyad, Harpo”), so this week’s TMCS was definitely a blessing from her. Still, it’s no surprise because it’s Chante. She endures and she gifts us.
Thank God for Chante Moore. Read that again.
She talked about how some of us don’t get it – that we need the pressures and the things that make us try a little harder. She shared the story of the fishermen having issues of transferring the fish and keeping them fresh. Even when they transferred them alive, they weren’t being kept fresh. One day, one of them got the notion to put catfish in with the other fish (catfish eat fish). As a result, it kept them moving, muscles going, keeping them fresh. That’s us, needing that pressure, that healthy stress to keep us going doing those tough times. She said she wasn’t always going to be right, but when she gets it, she’s got it. So don’t be afraid! All things work together for the good. Of them who love the Lord who are called according to His purpose. Even if you’re not called according to His purpose, He STILL looks out for you. God is still making ways for you. He’s still making sure that you’re ok…
- “Guess Who I Saw Today” (acapella) by Nancy Wilson (If you’ve ever listened to the legendary Nancy Wison, you know just how genius this song was/is with a strategic development to a shocking, yet deserving ending. I think it only fitting that it be remade by the living legend. I’ve loved this song since I was a child. She talked about the great honor of receiving a phone call from Nancy Wilson after having heard it in the studio.)
- “Cover Me With Snow” by Chante Moore (Did any of you visualize snow falling as you listened? I love the happiness of this song. It has the home groovin’ feel of Toni Braxton’s Christmas CD, the delicacy of Mariah Carey’s Christmas CD but most important, the unmistakable magnificence of Chante all day, baby. She was made to make holiday cheer.)
- “Lovin’ You” by Minnie Riperton (I remember the first time I saw the video, “It’s Alright”. I thought to myself, she would probably slay Minnie Riperton’s “Lovin’ You”. I had already been floored from when she sang Minnie’s “Inside My Love” in the closing scenes of an episode of New York Undercover. She eventually granted my wish, blowing me away with her surprise appearance on the wedding episode of the show Girlfriends, singing my song so beautifully I was choking back tears. Oh who am I kidding. I was crying like Celie in “The Color Purple” when she was reunited with her sister and kids!)
- “Why Am I Lonely” (brief acapella snippet) by Chante Moore (Only available as a bonus track on the Japanese CD release of the “Exposed” project of 2000. I’m glad for the internet because I would not have heard this version, just relying on the US release. And this song is one of my absolute favorites. If you ask me, the US should have all of the bonus tracks. She’s ours! You can’t have her!!! Ok, woosahhhhh.)
- “This Moment Is Mine” (acapella) by Chante Moore (This song is about seizing the moments when they come. When I think about the innocence in her voice when she sings the word ‘flower’ in the first verse, then how she ascends to the majestic thunder in the climax, all I can do is sit and marvel at her range, while bowing down to her power.)
- “Fresh Love” by Chante Moore (this song has the nice eye-closing, laid back, old school groove from the 80s. I don’t know about you, but I would have loved to have heard her killing songs during the mid-to-late 80s. But it’s cool. She came out in the 90s, a decade when women ruled music. She noted that the video is available on YouTube and has an appearance by her son. And yeah, like she said, it’s truly a roller skating song.)
- “It’s Alright” by Chante Moore (You know a song is epic when people ask for it every week throughout the entire episode. I ain’t mad though. It’s such a tender tune.)
- “Pure Gold” (acapella snippet) by The Clark Sisters (I’m going to go listen to this song and try not to be disappointed that her voice isn’t in it. I’m sorry, I just love me some Chante!)
- “Jesus, I Want You” by Chante Moore (Special guest NON-appearance by sister LeTendre who wasn’t ready to be in front of the camera. I couldn’t help but laugh because she reminded me of my mother who would avoid the camera, yelling “Lord ha’ mercy! I ain’t got my wig on!”. LeTendre kicked off the song beautifully and complimented Chante’s voice with graceful harmony. They truly make an incredible “Toonsome”.)
- “For My Good” by Juda Band (An energetic finale that we all needed for spiritual nourishment. Where she gets that fire after the past 48 hours of activity, God only knows. Waitaminute. That’s the answer!)
I’m sorry, I have to say this. Either she weighs 77 lbs or she has the world’s greatest blood circulation in history! After sitting on my lower legs for an hour I would have had BOTH my feet amputated!
Chante’s Inscription Of Inspiration for the Week:
(NIV) 11 The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
(God gave her this scripture and she says it daily.)
Chante shared that He HAS made her a watered garden and in turn, she’s giving us all the water that she has; all that He has given her, she’s giving to us.
You’ve got to use what you’ve got. We’re waiting on God to use us and He’s waiting on us to be willing to be used the way HE wants to use us, not the way that WE see fit. We have a way that seems right, but there is a way that He has for us, designated and designed just for us.
Chante’s Lesson For The Week: Don’t forget, “all things work together for my good!”
And here is a little treat for all of you who take the time to read my weekly recap. If you never saw her performance of “Loving You” here is the excert from the television episode! No, don’t worry about FB/IG coming after her for posting this. This is MY blog, dog! MY decision. Enjoy and I’ll see you next week!
If you’d like to send Chante a monetary gift of love, you can do so on CashApp at $TMCshow.
If you’d like an opportunity to speak with her via Meet & Greet, receive a ChanteGram, etc, you can do so by ordering here.
Finally, you can show your fandom by sporting your “Chantebilia” (official Chante Moore T-Shirts and other products) at PROBLACKONLINE.COM
If you enjoyed what you read, be sure to sign up at the bottom for first notification of future posts about Chante’s weekly show, along with the rest of my madness, here at Kenny’s Camera, Cooking & Crazy Confessions. And don’t forget to share with a friend and leave a comment about what you thought of the show!
I Love it!! Inserts and all!! Great job Kenny for great blog. Kenny you are great at what you
do! Thank you Chante for the amazing show!!
Much love Megan
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you, Megan. Figured I’d get back to some of my old ways, so expect more madness.
Thank you for reading!
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you, ma’am!
LikeLiked by 1 person