…annnnnnnd we’re back to recap another great episode of TMCS.
And when I say back, I mean BACK after Chanté took a much-needed and well-deserved two week break to get some “her” time in. Hey, ain’t nobody mad atcha, sis. We’re surprised you didn’t take more long before now.
Chanté opened the show saying, “I wanna talk to you just a little bit. Is that alright today?” This set the stage for a very different stage. She took the proverbial mic and got up front and personal with us this week. Yeah, more of her heart and mind, all the while getting a little more interactive with the fans with a Q&A session (she even went face-to-face with a lucky fan).
Considering the variety of content in this week’s episode, I will refrain from going into detail and recommend you go back and see the show as I touch on a few “hot” spots.
She thanked everyone for being supportive & caring, then reminded us that it means a lot to her.
ChanTrivia: Her song, “Sexy Thang” (one of my favorite tracks from her debut album) is inspired by a moment with a former boyfriend who “wrote ‘I love you’ in my hand” while speaking during a meeting. And of course as the song goes, “I thought to myself, this is the man…”
Chanté revealed that she likes a man who can multitask, which makes me smile as I type this recap while watching a recording of the show while eating a slice of pizza while cleaning my glasses while sorting bills I have no intentions of paying while…
The Bad News: Chanté IS seeing someone at this time (well, that’s GOOD news for her). Sorry guys…
She shared a bit about her previous relationships (an anonymous former boyfriend, Kadeem Hardison, Kenny Lattimore) and some of the differences between them.
She reminded that we’re getting a new album much sooner than we think we are. She didn’t want to give a date so as to avoid being incorrect, but she did say it’s coming. Keep your eyes peeled (well, keep your internet service on).
She took a moment to talk about the tribute video she received last November, coordinated by fans Natalie Nadeen and Megan Rogers (red_gal31) aka “The ChanTeam” – who gathered video appreciation messages from a host of fans (ImMOOREtals) and posted them on YouTube. She mentioned how it hit her at just the right time she needed to see it and how much she treasured it. She also said that she would be posting/sharing it soon for all of her fans to see.
She talked about various songs, suggested by the viewers; what she thought about singing them (some were added to her queue for upcoming shows). She also shared some of the valuable tips and lessons she learned from artists (particularly George Duke) over they years and how they’ve helped her.
ChanTrivia: Although she famously sings in strong upper register and “whistle register”, Chanté is an ALTO (singing category and range).
Special Announcement: You can get a Day Pass to Relationship Reboot, an exclusive couples retreat, happening May 28-30 in Las Vegas (Chanté will be performing on the 29th). Get your Golden Ticket here. Go as a couple or go single, just go…
(Although she hadn’t intended to actually sing during this episode, she teased us with some beautiful snippets:)
- “Why Am I Lonely” (A cappella snippet) by CM
- “Careless Whisper” (A cappella snippet) by George Michael
- “Lucky Star” (A cappella snippet) by Madonna
- “That’s The Way Love Goes”(A cappella snippet) by Janet Jackson
- “Let’s Wait Awhile” (A cappella snippet) by Janet Jackson
- “Love Take A Time” (A cappella snippet) by Mariah Carey
- “Your Love Is King” (A cappella snippet) by Sade
- “Free” by Deniece Williams
- “Love Don’t Live Here Anymore” (A cappella snippet) by Rose Royce
- “It’s Alright” (A cappella snippet) by CM
- “Listen To my Song” (A cappella snippet) by CM
- “Precious” (A cappella snippet) by CM
- “Through The Fire” (A cappella snippet) by Chaka Khan
- “I Wanna Love (Like That Again)” (A cappella snippet) by CM
- “So Amazing” (A cappella snippet) by Luther Vandross
- “Amazing Grace” (A cappella snippet) by John Newton
- “Bad Girls” (A cappella snippet) by Donna Summer
- “Upside Down” (A cappella snippet) by Diana Ross
- “I Love Your Smile” (A cappella snippet) by Shanice
- “At Last” (A cappella snippet) by Etta James
- “Be Grateful” (A cappella snippet) by Walter Hawkins
- “If I Can’t Have You” (A cappella snippet) by The Bee Gees
- “Thieves In The Temple” (A cappella snippet) by Prince
- “Been Around The World” (A cappella snippet) by Lisa Stansfield
- “All The Man That I Need” (A cappella snippet) by Whitney Houston
- “I Choose Joy” (A cappella snippet) by for King and Country
- “I Can’t Help It” (A cappella snippet) by Michael Jackson
Lesson/Message For The Day:
On relationships – even though things don’t go the way you plan, it doesn’t mean they don’t work out.
Well that’s it. As much as I could cover without covering every minute detail. Remember, for that, tune in to the show! In the meantime, thank you for stopping by!
See you next Sunday and never forget…
…Sunday Is Chantday!
If you’d like to send Chante a monetary gift of love, you can do so on CashApp at $TMCshow.
If you’d like an opportunity to speak with her via Meet & Greet, receive a ChanteGram, etc, you can do so by ordering here.
Finally, you can show your fandom by sporting your “Chantebilia” (official Chante Moore T-Shirts and other products) at PROBLACKONLINE.COM
This weekly recap is my personal synopsis of The Moore Chante Show. In my breakdowns, I review the song lists, shared scriptures and her commentary, highlighting the items I feel worthy of reflection and review. Opinions and interpretations of various content are mine and mine only. Any non-show related photos, gifs and or internet links are used at my discretion for entertainment purposes only.
If you enjoyed what you read, be sure to sign up at the bottom for first notification of future posts about Chante’s weekly show, along with the rest of my madness, here at Kenny’s Camera, Cooking & Crazy Confessions. And don’t forget to share with a friend and leave a comment about what you thought of the show!